The Opportunity Scholarship Program provides tuition assistance up to $6,492 per year for awarded students who enroll in a participating nonpublic school (starting 2023-24 school year). This is an income-based program. The new student application opens February 1st, 2023. The Priority Window closes March 1, 2023. The application will remain open until August 31, 2023 for students to be considered for the full 2023-24 school year, as funds remain available.
Recent updates to the scholarship can be found here: http://www.ncseaa.edu/pdf/Op%20Scholarship%20One%20Pager.pdf
Updates for 2022-23 on the Opportunity Scholarship:
Must meet ALL of these requirements:
- Household must meet the Household Income Eligibility Guidelines (students in foster care are automatically eligible regardless of the household income of their foster family)
- At least 5 years old by August 31 or at least 4 by April 16 with private school administrator approval for kindergarten
- Lives in NC
- Has not graduated high school
- Has not enrolled in a post-secondary institution full-time
Must meet ONE of these requirements:
- Received and used Opportunity Scholarship funds in previous year
- Attended a NC public school or Department of Defense school in NC as a full-time student
- Entering kindergarten, 1st grade, or 2nd grade
- In foster care, or adopted within the last year
- Has a parent on full-time active military duty, or a parent who received an honorable discharge within the last year
Folds of Honor Children’s Fund Scholarship
The Children’s Fund Scholarship program was established to provide primary and secondary scholarship assistance for dependents (Kindergarten – 12th grades) of our nation’s service members. By standing in the financial gap of the more than one million dependents adversely affected by war, Folds of Honor is honoring their sacrifice by educating their legacy.
Applications will be accepted February 1, 2023 – March 31, 2023.